£17000 - £18000 per annum + £9 p/h for any overtime
about 1 year ago
We are currently seeking a passionate, committed and enthusiastic Support Worker to take on a challenging and exciting role supporting a young adult male with Autism.
The role is to support the young male with Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA), meaning he has social and communication disabilities. This is also an opportunity to train and learn how to use ABA with a young man, based in Altrincham.
The primary responsibilities of the Personal Support Worker are to ensure the effective communication, safety, health and wellbeing of the Employing Individual.
- Ensure the communication, safety, health and wellbeing of the Employing Individual.
- Participate in activities with the young male, including: Swimming, Cycling and skiing.
- Support the Individual to develop their independence and life skills through the use of Applied Behavioural Analysis.
- Be observant of the Individuals' behaviour and provide support to manage their anxieties as required.
- Facilitate the Individual to develop their confidence and provide reassurance as required.
- Provide prompts around personal hygiene, encourage healthy diet/exercise and be observant for signs of pain or illness. (personal care not required).
- Appreciate that good communication is vital to understanding the needs of the Individual and that daily tasks and responsibilities may vary from time to time to meet the needs of the Individual.
Minimum contract available of 30 hours. Usual hours will be scheduled between 8am and 10pm dependent on the activities of the day.
Staff are required to work at least 1 Saturday per calendar month however are not required to work Sundays or Bank Holidays.
Training hours are required and may be in addition to the minimum contracted hours. You would be paid for the time spent training.
Pay for the role is £17,780.00 Overtime will be paid at £9.00 per hour.
To be considered for the role, you must have the below:
- Have a minimum of Diploma in Health and Social Care Level Three or recognised
- Willingness to learn and use ABA.
- Understand the intricacies of working in a close knit team
- Treat the Employer and their family with dignity and respect
- Uphold the confidentially and respect the privacy of the employer and their family
- Value punctuality and reliability
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Have a good level of personal fitness to participate in the Employer's active lifestyle
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.