£18670 - £20304 per annum
02921 660 880
20 days ago
- To primarily work in the Residential Home providing guidance, support and engagement to the pupils in a variety of settings including the classroom, home, on site and during off site activities.
- Contribute to the development of the pupils through the provision of a healthy lifestyle, a variety of appropriate stimulating activities and the example of a consistent and caring adult role model.
- Support the pupils towards managing their own behaviours and becoming as independent as possible within their own capabilities by using the skills and approved approaches learnt during the training provided.
- Communicate with the pupils in the method appropriate to them; Makaton, Verbally or use of PECS.
- Support the pupils in a variety of activities to include all physical activities either on site or off site.
- Do everything possible to maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in, including domestic duties.
- Familiarise yourself with the needs of the pupils and meet those needs in the most appropriate way following relevant policies and procedures. Be insensitive to their needs, taking account of race, culture, language, religion, sexuality and disability.
- Assist the pupils with all personal care needs as outlined in their Individual Pupil Care Plan (IPCP); eating, bathing, toileting, cleaning teeth, dressing, etc.
- Do everything to protect the pupils from any form of abuse from staff, visitors, and each other; following the Safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Must have NVQ level 2 Health & Social Care
- Experience in a similar setting
- Driving licence essential as on a sporadic public transport route
Day shifts available: working 12 hours £18,670 7:30-19:30 40 hrs p/w, OR 13 hrs shifts – 08:00 – 21:00 £20,304.40, 43.5 hrs per week
Night shifts available: working 38.5 hrs p/w, £19,873
*** Both roles must be prepared to undertake L3 Diploma in residential childcare within first two years of employment, uplift in salary once complete (approx. £700) ***