£45000 per annum
02921 660 880
18 days ago
We are recruiting, unhindered by the Covid-19 pandemic during this time of even greater need!
Vetro have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced clinician to join the team at an amazing new luxury specialist centre in Leeds as Head of Care. This is a fabulous home for 30 adults with complex needs. Along with extensive benefits, the salary for this full time position will be £45,000 per annum.
About the Role:
The Head of Care will lead by example, providing great quality care to each individual service user. You will be a compassionate leader with a can-do attitude, valuing the importance of always striving to provide service users with individualistic and effective care. You will have a hands-on approach to leadership, supported by an experienced Operations and Quality team, enabling you to drive standards to support the future 'Outstanding' CQC rating that our service users deserve. You will also be financially minded, able to support with the homes P&L report, continuous reviewing cost saving whilst providing and ensuring excellent quality care to our service users.
Care and activity plans are structured around individuals, supporting, nurturing and encouraging them to live happy, fulfilled lives. A person centred care philosophy is embraced so that individualised care needs can me met. Making every day better is about achieving the best possible outcomes for service users.
Working closely with the Commissioning Home Director, you will lead by example, acting as a role model for the staff group and an ambassador for the organisation by providing effective implementation of our Client's service philosophy and business strategy within the home. There is an expectation of participation in the local 24/7 on-call system which includes providing on-site attendance and cover where required in the absence of a qualified nurse to ensure business continuity.
You will be ambitious and looking for the opportunity in the future to be the Registered Manager.
* Support the Commissioning Director with all Care Quality Commission, Regulatory, Statutory and quality monitoring requirements.
* Provide clinical oversight and hold clinical accountability for delivery of safe and effective care.
* Support with the safe recruitment process of new staff.
* Ensure that a detailed action plan is maintained which is used to drive service development.
* Ensure that service user safety is paramount and maintained through robust clinical governance structures.
* Ensure that the service has a positive leadership culture with regards to service delivery, safeguarding and whistle blowing.
* Submit statistical data and reports on time.
* Support the Commissioning Home Director with operational accountability for the occupancy and financial performance in line with agreed budgets.
* Have a clear understanding of occupancy and revenue against set targets.
* Ensure that the home complies with standards of the Health & Social Care Act (2012).
* Encourage and support good communications with all MDT members, primary and secondary support service, CHC, CCG’s, NHS Trusts and Local Authority commissioners.
* Ensure that clinical practice is developed and delivered by staff based on evidence-based research and recognised clinical philosophy, models and frameworks.
* Oversee with line managers that systems are in place for professional registration, revalidation, appraisal, continuous professional development, supervision and performance management of clinical teams.
* You will be a registered nurse with a valid NMC pin
* You will have previous experience managing a successful care home.
* A previous CQC rating of ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ would be advantageous.
* The ideal manager will have previous experience managing multi-disciplined teams and will have previous experience of managing and analysing P&L reports.
Salary & Benefits:
£45,000 per annum
27 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Retail and high street restaurant and Pub discounts, holiday discounts and 2 for 1 cinema tickets.
Employee assistance program – 24-hour helpline.
Excellent pension plan.
Outstanding career progression.
Comprehensive 4-day induction program.
Excellent bonus scheme.
Life assurance program.
BUPA health care cover.
Support from the Operations and Quality teams.
**If this opportunity is of interest please click apply below with an up to date CV**