£22713 - £27500 per annum, Benefits: Development & progression, Supportive Team 7 company, pension
02921 660 880
5 months ago
Do you have a QCF/ NVQ Level 3 in Childcare?
Are you looking for full time hours in the Portsmouth area?
We are looking for a committed Senior Support Worker/ Team Leader, with a caring nature to support young people with emotional and challenging behaviours within the Portsmouth area.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with bundles of energy and a creative personality to organise fun activities for young people to do!
You will be supporting up to 5 young people (generally aged between 11-17) who have additional behaviours.
Pay scales range from £11.20 per hour to £11.50 per hour depending on experience & qualifications. Sleep in allowances are paid as additional.
- This is a full-time role, shift times will vary between 7am-10pm across Monday- Sunday.
- You may also be required for sleep in duties (with an additional competitive sleep in allowance of £70.47+ per sleep)
What you will do as a Senior Support Worker:
- Planning and support with getting out and about - holidays, social events, sporting activities, getting into education or work
- Promoting independence and decision making
- Promoting social inclusion and positive engagement in the community.
- Encouraging individuals to access a range of opportunities and experiences.
- Supporting individuals to keep in contact with family and friends, and to participate in social and community activities.
- Writing up of daily diaries and care plans
- Managing and supporting with behaviours
- Helping with the management and support of the staffing team & Rota's
In return you will be rewarded with:
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
- Progressive pay scale
- Access to benefits including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail establishments
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme.
- Refer to a Friend scheme – recommend a friend and you’ll earn up to £500!
- Enhanced DBS Check paid for by the company
Full training and induction are provided for this role.
If you want to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable young people this could be the perfect role for you! Please click 'apply now' and one of the Vetro Recruitment Team will be in touch!