£30000 per annum
02921 660 880
4 months ago
Vetro Education is currently recruiting for a Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator (SENCO) to work on a permanent basis within a special needs provision, in Merseyside.
The School is a delightful small independent special school with over 5 sites, who pride themselves on their shared ethos of mutual support and teamwork as they strive to attain the best outcomes possible for their pupils. It is registered for up to 28 young people, from KS3 to KS5. Some pupils have an Education Health Care Plan related to autistic spectrum conditions, SEMH, and additional learning needs but they cater to a wide spectrum of cognitive abilities.
The role is permanent, full time working between Monday and Friday.
Annual salary £30,000. Immediate interviews. Starts September.
The SENCO, under the direction of the Headteacher, will;
- Determine the strategic development of special educational needs (SEN) policy and provision in the school.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provisions to support individual pupils with SEN or a disability.
- Provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents, carers, and other agencies.
- The SENCO will also be expected to fulfill the professional responsibilities of a teacher, as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document.
Have you got what we are looking for?
- Qualified Teacher Status
- SEN co-ordinator
- Experience of working at a whole school level
- Involvement in self-evaluation and development planning
- Experience of conducting training/leading INSET
- Experience of working with SEMH students and LAC students
- Therapeutic interventions
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years of experience helping people plan their career paths, navigate the job market, and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for, and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary Job we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.