£35000 per annum
02921 660 880
5 months ago
Vetro Education has an exciting role for a Deputy Head Teacher to work on a permanent basis within a special needs provision in Merseyside.
Responsible for: The quality of education- DSL - Personal development-Timetabling
The Deputy Headteacher, under the direction of the Headteacher, will take a major role in:
- Formulating the aims and objectives of the school
- Establishing policies for achieving these aims and objectives
- Managing staff and resources to that end
- Monitoring progress towards the achievement of the school’s aims and objectives
- If the Headteacher is absent, the Deputy Headteacher will deputise, as directed by the governing board.
- The Deputy Headteacher will also be expected to fulfil the professional responsibilities of a Headteacher, as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Documents
The School is a delightful small independent special school with over 5 sites, and pride themselves on their shared ethos of mutual support and teamwork as they strive to attain the best outcomes possible for their pupils. It is registered for up to 28 young people, from KS3 to KS5. Some pupils have an Education Health Care Plan related to autistic spectrum conditions, SEMH, and additional learning needs but they cater to a wide spectrum of cognitive abilities.
The role is permanent, full time working between Monday and Friday.
Annual salary £35,000. Immediate interviews. Starts September.
Have you got what we are looking for?
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Professional development in preparation for a leadership role
- Teaching experience
- Successful leadership and management experience in a school
- Teaching experience in a SEMH setting
- Involvement in school self-evaluation and development planning
- Line management experience
- Experience of contributing to staff development
- Experience of Curriculum modeling
- SEN teaching and learning
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years of experience helping people plan their career paths, navigate the job market, and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for, and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary Job we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.