£9.77 - £10.09 per hour, Benefits: Flexible Working Hours
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
Job type: Flexible agency work
Hours: 8am - 8pm / 9am - 5pm / 10am - 11pm with sleep in
Pay: £9.77 - £10.09 per hour (including holiday pay)
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference to people's lives?
Do you want to support adults with Autism to develop their independence?
Have you got previous experience in the care sector?
Our client has a house located in the Swansea area and is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Support Worker for adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism to join a lovely team of Support Workers.
This is similar to a bank Support Worker job and is a great way to add some variety to your working week while gaining experience in a variety of different settings! We support a whole range of clients across South Wales.
What can you bring to this Support Worker job?
As a Support Worker, you will be caring, empathetic and enthusiastic. You will be comfortable working with challenging behaviours and supporting vulnerable adults to engage in different activities in the community. Due to the requirements while on shift, you should hold a full UK driving licence.
What will you do as a Support Worker?
As a Support Worker you will be responsible for the following;
- Giving individuals the chance to lead a full life instead of isolation or family dependence
- Giving people with Autism the confidence and skills to enjoy activities that others take for granted
- Creating and encouraging good relationships and communication with the people who use the service
- Ensuring the safety of the service users and maintaining an up to date knowledge of each individual’s care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication
- Varying levels of personal care
- Supporting in situations with challenging behaviours in a safe and sympathetic way
3 great things about Vetro Recruitment
- Recruitment Agency of the Year 2018 and Fast Growth 50 Winner 2019
- Choice of working across our three divisions (Care, Education and Nursing)
- Free entry into the “Vetro Golden Ticket” competition to win £1000 in January 2021
Get in touch! We’d love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on enhancing the lives of people in care through the provision of quality vetted staff and therefore all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years’ combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we’re here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.