£10.37 - £12.89 per hour, Benefits: Flexible Working Hours
02921 660 880
4 months ago
Job type: Flexible agency work
Hours: 7am - 3pm / 3pm - 11pm / 7am - 11pm / waking nights and sleep-ins sometimes required
Pay: £10.37 - £12.89 per hour (including holiday pay and dependent on experience and qualification)
Do you want to help promote the independence and wellbeing of young people?
Have you got previous experience supporting emotional behavioural difficulties?
Are you looking for an opportunity to pick up additional or flexible work?
We currently have an exciting opportunity to support a small cluster of homes in Swansea for young people with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties and mental health health needs. There are currently three properties with plans to open two more in the foreseeable future. Some homes will involve working on a one-to-one basis so you should be comfortable with lone working.
This is similar to a bank Support Worker job and is a great way to add some variety to your working week while gaining experience in a variety of different settings! We support a whole range of clients across Cardiff and the Vale, Newport, Torfaen, RCT and Blaenau Gwent.
What can you bring to this Support Worker job?
As a Support Worker, you will be passionate about encouraging young people to reach their full potential and confident in supporting challenging behaviours when needed. Due to the requirements while on shift, you should hold a full UK driving licence.
What will you do as a Children’s Residential Support Worker?
- You will provide support for the children and young people in the home and promote their independence and wellbeing
- You will protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare
- You will encourage children and young people to take part in activities and take responsibility for their own lives where appropriate
- You will ensure the safety of young people by maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of care plans and guidelines
- You will support and overcome challenging behaviours when needed
3 great things about Vetro Recruitment
- Recruitment Agency of the Year 2018 and Fast Growth 50 Winner 2019
- Choice of working across our three divisions (Care, Education and Nursing)
- Free entry into the “Vetro Golden Ticket” competition to win £1000 in January 2021
Get in touch! We’d love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on enhancing the lives of people in care through the provision of quality vetted staff and therefore all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years’ combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we’re here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.