£45000 per annum
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
About the role:
- You will join a regional network of healthcare professionals where there is a strong emphasis on teamwork. Working alongside a multidisciplinary team, you will provide care and support for people with mental health needs, helping to improve their quality of life.
- Reporting to the Lead Psychologist, you will be responsible for the effective coordination and provision of substance misuse services and in shaping and implementing the future provision.
- You will utilise a person-centered, Motivational Interviewing approach that provides assessment, intervention and supports people with mental health needs to positively progress through their care plans.
- As you develop and implement evidence-based interventions in the management of mental health service users with substance misuse needs, you will create an environment that promotes innovation and in which services can be continually developed.
- To provide leadership and direction to the Hospital on the management of substance misuse services.
- Ensure effective participation in the development of services of substance misuse.
- Develop and maintain strong and positive relationships with team leaders to assist in moving services forward. Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with other professionals and managers to deliver high-quality services.
- Increase engagement with substance misuse services for those people
- With drug and alcohol issues, who are currently resident at the Hospital.
- Manage all delegated resources efficiently and cost-effectively ensuring that all work complies with company policies, procedures, and statutory obligations.
- To participate and support the Hospital’s approach to clinical governance in monitoring quality and standards. Responsible for agreed performance management targets within the substance misuse services including auditing, reporting, and monitoring arrangements.
- Provide effective leadership and mentorship to appropriate staff, including through supervision as agreed.
- Actively promote a culture of equal opportunities for staff and service users.
- To participate fully in continuous professional development and supervision. To review and reflect on own practice and performance through effective use of professional and operational supervision and appraisal.
- Have a good understanding of the relevant legislation the responsibilities this confers. Ensure compliance with relevant parts of the MHA Act including the legal requirements of care provision and implementation of company CPA policies and procedure guidelines.
- A registered professional (i.e. NMC, HCPC, BPC, Social Work England registration)
- Experienced in substance misuse services/care and treatment.
- An interest in working with an inpatient mental health setting.
£45,000 working 37.5 hours per week, extensive benefits and clear career progression opportunities.
***If this fantastic opportunity is of interest please click apply below with an up to date CV***