£9.50 - £10.50 per hour, Benefits: Progression, Competitive Pay rates, Development
02921 660 880
29 days ago
Are you looking for a full time role near Central Southampton?
We are looking for committed candidates with a caring nature to support young people with severe learning and physical disabilities in Southampton.
Although this is a ‘support role’ there are many health elements to this job. So whether it has been working with young people, adults or elderly, a background in the health care sector would be advantageous.
You will be supporting 6 children and young people (generally aged between 11-17) who have physical and learning disabilities. This will include supporting them with all aspects of their daily or nightly routines. All residents are non verbal and wheelchair dependent.
Pay scales range from £9.50 per hour to £10.50 per hour depending on experience & qualifications.
- This is a full time role- shift times will vary between 7am-10pm across Monday- Sunday. Split shifts are also required at times so local applicants are preferred.
- You will also be required for sleep in duties (with an additional competitive sleep in allowance of £60+ per sleep)
What you will do as a Support Worker:
- Planning and support with getting out and about - holidays, social events, sporting activities, getting into education or work
- Promoting independence and decision making
- Promoting social inclusion and positive engagement in the community.
- Moving and handling duties, health care assistance, full hygiene duties
- Encouraging individuals to access a range of opportunities and experiences.
- Supporting individuals to keep in contact with family and friends, and to participate in social and community activities.
- Writing up of daily diaries and care plans
In return you will be rewarded with:
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
- Progressive pay scale
- Access to benefits including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail establishments
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme.
- Refer to a Friend scheme – recommend a friend and you’ll earn up to £500!
- Enhanced DBS Check paid for by the company.
If you want to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable young people this could be the perfect role for you! Please apply now and one of the Vetro recruitment Team will be in touch!
To be considered for this role, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years’ combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.