£8.72 per hour
02921 660 880
13 days ago
Are you local to the Cardiff and Barry areas and looking for a new role in the Care Sector?
We have a fantastic and exciting opportunity for Support Workers to join Supported Living services in various locations across the Vale of Glamorgan, supporting Adults aged 18-65 with Profound Learning Disabilities, Physical Disabilities and Autism.
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate individuals who can encourage and support Service Users with daily tasks, independence and to participate in lots of activities.
* Due to the nature of the role, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full UK drivers licence with business insurance *
Location: Barry, Penarth, Barry Island
Salary: £8.72 per hour, plus £62.64 per sleep-in shift.
Hours: 30 hours per week, full-time and permanent.
Shift Times: Varied, spread over 30hrs a week.
7am-3pm / 8am-3pm / 3pm-9:30pm / 3pm-11pm with a sleep in until 7am.
- Providing support to people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, Autism and physical disabilities.
- Must have a passion for making a difference in people's lives.
- Providing support within supported living services with daily living and household tasks as well as supporting individuals in the community with activities such as going to the cinema and enjoying meals out.
- Providing personal care which also involves manual handling and peg feeding.
- Experience within a care setting is desirable but not essential.
- Due to the needs of the services, we are only able to accept applications from those who are local to the Cardiff and Barry areas.
- Must be flexible, energetic and resilient with a good work ethic.
- You must have a full UK drivers licence with business insurance.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- Must be comfortable with providing personal care.
- Must be willing to register with Care Standards.
- Up to 33 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays).
- Flexible shift patterns.
- Working as part of a supportive team.
- Healthcare Scheme.
- Fully paid training and assistance to achieve QCF qualifications.
If you are interested in applying or finding out more about this role, please click 'apply' and a member of the Vetro team will give you a call!