£8.72 per hour
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
HAVE YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A SUPPORT WORKER BUT NEVER HAD THE OPPORTUNITY?
DO YOU CURRENTLY WORK IN CARE/SUPPORT AND LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
We have a fantastic opportunity for Support Workers to join Supported Living services in various locations across the Vale of Glamorgan, supporting Adults aged 18-65 with Profound Learning Disabilities.
We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate individuals who can encourage and support Service Users with daily tasks, independence and participate in lots of activities.
* Due to the nature of the activities, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full UK drivers licence *
Location: Barry, Rhoose, Penarth
Salary: £8.72 per hour, plus £62.00 per sleep-in shift.
Hours: 30 hours per week, full-time and permanent.
Shift Times: Varied, spread over 30hrs a week.
7am-3pm / 8am-3pm / 3pm-9:30pm / 3pm-11pm with a sleep in until 7am.
- Providing support to people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, Autism and physical disabilities.
- Must have a passion for making a genuine difference to people's lives.
- Providing support within supported living services with daily living skills and household tasks as well as supporting individuals in the community with activities such as going to the cinema and enjoying meals out.
- Providing personal care which also involves manual handling and peg feeding.
- Experience within a care setting is desirable but not essential.
- Must be flexible, energetic and resilient with a good work ethic.
- You must have a full UK drivers licence.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- Must be comfortable with providing personal care.
- Must be willing to register with Care Standards.
- Up to 33 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays).
- Flexible shift patterns.
- Working as part of a supportive team.
- Healthcare Scheme.
- Fully paid training and assistance to achieve QCF qualifications.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!