£38500 - £46000 per annum, Benefits: Holiday, pension, Retail Vouchers, EAP, Refer a Friend
29 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Ofsted Registered Manager in The Portsmouth area of Hampshire!
We are looking for an Ofsted experienced Registered Manager to oversee a 6 bed home for young people aged 12 – 18.
Working as a Registered Manager you will take full responsibility of an independent, Ofsted registered children’s home.
Applicants MUST HAVE recent Management experience of a residential child care setting, along side Ofsted experience.
Key Skills Required:
- Hold a minimum qualification of RMA or QCF L4, Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent and be willing to work towards Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children & Young Peoples Service
- Previous experience in a managerial position within an Ofsted registered children’s (SEMH) residential setting.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others with experience supervising and managing staff
- Experience of working with external providers and professional bodies
- Passionate about providing quality care and support to young people who can display challenging behaviour
- Hold a full, valid UK driving licence and be willing to drive as part of the role
Through a person-centered approach, you will manage the efficient operation, delivery and development of a residential SEMH home. As an effective manager, you will also ensure the highest quality of care and support is provided to all children whilst leading and motivating an established care team.
This role is offered on a permanent, full-time basis, working 40 hours per week in any 7 day cycle (normally between 9 am – 5.00 pm, Monday – Friday although flexibility is required to accommodate the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends where required).
You will be overseeing a home for young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
Your duties will include:
- Managing a home and ensuring you provide effective support to the children, developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Supervising a team of Residential Care Workers and Team Leaders to include recruitment, mentoring, guidance, appraisals and induction.
- Leading and managing the home to be registered with Ofsted, including processes to attain a successful registration
- Completing regular reviews of support plans in line with individual needs, statutory guidelines and company policies.
- Providing strategic development of services to ensure best practice, continuous improvement and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Managing complex and challenging behaviour
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- Automatic pension scheme enrolment
- Discounted retail vouchers
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- The chance to earn additional payments through a Refer a Friend scheme
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years’ combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we’re here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.