£25532 per annum
02921 660 880
16 days ago
We are currently recruiting for Residential Support Workers to join a small, well-established organisation with homes in and around the Taunton area (Homes in Wellington, Chard and Bridgwater).
You will be supporting Young People with Challenging Behaviour and Social, Emotional Difficulties aged between 10-18.
Salary: £25,532 per year inclusive of sleep ins.
Hours: 3 week rolling rota, 24-hour sleep in shifts. Permanent and Full Time.
Week 1: Mon, Weds, Sat
Week 2: Tue, Fri, Sun
Week 3: Thursday
Shifts are 8am-8am.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To act as a caring and authoritative parental figure for the young people.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Bank holidays enhancements.
- Help through qualifications and training.
- MUST be a car driver due to the location of the homes and for transporting the young people into the community.
- MUST be aged 25 or over due to the policies and regulations of the organisation.
- NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of supporting people with challenging behaviour is an advantage.
- Be willing to undertake and complete further training and development, as necessary in order to enhance service delivery.
- Must be resilient, committed, organised and good at boundary setting and sticking to your decisions.