£26676 per annum
02921 660 880
21 days ago
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Deputy Manager to join a small Children's Residential service, with homes in and around the Taunton/Somerset area (homes in Wellington, Chard and Bridgwater).
You will be supporting Young People with Challenging Behaviour and Social, Emotional Behaviour Difficulties aged between 10-18.
If you are a Senior Support Worker looking to step up - this may be the role for you!
Salary: £26,676 per year inclusive of sleep-ins.
Hours: 3-week rolling rota, 24hr sleep in shifts.
Week 1: Mon, Weds, Sat
Week 2: Tue, Fri, Sun
Week 3: Thursday
Shifts are 8am-8am.
- To support the Registered Manager in the overall management of the home and deputise in their absence.
- To protect children and young people from risks to their health, welfare and development.
- To ensure that the home environment is appropriate and sensitive to the needs of the children being looked after and is compliant with the Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards.
- To provide support and social learning for children and young people.
- To encourage and support children and young people to take responsibility for their own lives commensurate with their age and ability.
- To ensure compliance with the Children’s Homes Regulations and the Quality Standards.
- To provide support and guidance to other staff, ensuring they are able to carry out their role effectively in line with company policy and procedures.
- To create a positive and supportive culture within the staff team.
- 28 days annual leave – the equivalent of 14 sessions per year.
- Bank holidays enhancements.
- Help through qualifications and training.
- MUST be a car driver with a Full UK Manual driving licence due to the location of the homes and for transporting young people.
- MUST be over the age of 25 due to the policies and regulations of the homes.
- NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People / Children's Residential is essential.
- MUST have experience of supporting young people with challenging behaviour, at a Senior or Deputy position.
- Be willing to undertake and complete further training and development, as necessary in order to enhance service delivery.
- At least two years’ experience of working in care.
- Be passionate about supporting young people with both Asperger’s, Emotional Behavioural Difficulties and challenging behaviour.