£22744 - £23656 per annum
02921 660 880
7 days ago
We are currently recruiting for Residential Childcare Workers to join a beautiful children’s home, based in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.
We are looking for energetic, committed and passionate individuals to support vulnerable children and young people aged 8-18 years old who display emotional, behavioural difficulties, challenging behaviours and complex needs.
Location: Wisbech, Cambridgeshire.
Salary: £22,744 - £23,656 per year (including sleep-in shift allowance).
Shifts and Hours: 2 on / 4 off - 39hrs per week. Full Time and Permanent. You will work 4-8 sleep-in shifts a month.
7:30am - 11pm / sleep
7am - 11pm / sleep
- Supporting young people with challenging behaviours in their day to day lives.
- Work as part of a team.
- Work well under pressure.
- Able to be motivated, proactive, enthusiastic, resilient and empathetic.
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Full Training and support.
- Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
- Progressive pay scale.
- Access to voluntary benefits including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail establishments.
- Enhanced DBS Check paid for by the organisation.
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence - Must be a car driver due to the location of the home and due to the requirements of the role.
- Must hold or be willing to work towards the QCF Level 3 Children and Young People / Children's Residential qualification.
- Experience within a children's residential setting or with challenging behaviours is desirable but not essential.
- Able to take responsibility for the care and well being of young people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be aged 21 or over, due to the oldest child at the setting and due to the policies of the organisation.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!