£17000 - £19500 per annum
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
We are recruiting for enthusiastic and passionate Student Support Assistants to join a beautiful education and care setting for young people with physical disabilities in Alton, Hampshire. Your aim will be to prepare young people for adult life, giving them the confidence and skills to achieve their full potential.
Salary: £17,000 - £19,500 per year.
Hours: Full-Time and permanent. Part-time hours also available. Shifts include alternate weekends (can sometimes be flexible) and times vary between 7pm - 8am.
About the Organisation:
This organisation provides education, care, therapy, medical support and independence training to young people aged 2-25 with physical disabilities.
- Help implement all aspects of individual care plans, including the administering of drugs and medication, in line with required school policy and procedure.
- Ensuring the care and safety of residential students overnight.
- Encourage the students to do as much as possible for themselves by guiding them and showing them what to do when necessary.
- Helping students in all aspects of daily living including washing, dressing, bathing, showering and after toilet hygiene.
- Assist students with their nutritional requirements, e.g. serving meals, assisting with feeding, preparing drinks, meals and snacks.
- Previous experience of working in a caring environment and/or with people with a learning difficulty or disability is desirable but not essential.
- Willingness and ability to undertake work-related training and utilise new skills and knowledge to enable improved support.
- To be able to provide personal care relevant to the students’ needs.
- Pension from the start of employment up to a max of 7.5%
- Life Insurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Cash Plan
- Competitive Sick pay
- Generous Holiday Leave
- Training and Development
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Occupational Health Service
- Access to the on-site swimming pool
** All applicants must have a right to work in the UK and willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. **
Due to the current situation, video call interviews are being held as opposed to meeting face-to-face, so we do require that you have a smartphone or computer - or access to one.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!