£28000 - £36000 per annum
02921 660 880
21 days ago
community-based care across clients North West services with you being based in Manchester.
About the role:
- To help identify patients eligible for research projects, and recruit patients into clinical
- trials or studies.
- Provide information and support for patients involved in research projects.
- Responsible for ensuring patient’s treatments, assessment, follow-ups and data
- collection co-ordination and processing according to the appropriate research
- The post-holder will be expected to support study set up including assisting with
- preparation of documents and authorisations on the Integrated Research Application
- System (IRAS) for obtaining NHS R&D permissions.
- Taking responsibility for the management, co-ordination and facilitation of concurrent
- research studies.
- Taking responsibility to study/patient-based tasks, including document generation
- and control, project tracking and logistics, data collection, adherence to good clinical
- practice (GCP) and research governance.
- Strong interpersonal skills, caring nature, and a detailed familiarity with clinical
- research is essential.
- Identify and communicate with patients suitable for entry into portfolio adopted
- Research studies according to specific protocols and guidelines.
- To ensure patients/carers are provided with written information relevant to the
- Research study and are given the opportunity to discuss the research study or clinical
- Trial adequately at the outset and during the course of the research or clinical trial
- Assist study physician in taking consent from patients/participants
- Provide information/reports on recruitment to study physician and sponsor’s
- Monitoring and assessing vital signs, ECGs and spirometry and follow up
- Observe patients and monitor treatment side effects/toxicity; escalating findings
- accordingly to the study physician.
- Ensure safety data is reported to required SOPs and study protocols, and reports sent
- Record and report any adverse events and serious adverse events according to trial
- protocol and local procedures.
- Provide support for assessments and follow-ups.
- Minimum 2-year experience working as a nurse in NHS or similar organisations
- Experience in Clinical Research, including experience in the coordination and conduct of research studies
- Ability to meet the travel requirements of the post (Car user and clean driving licence)
£28,000 - £36,000 working full time, extensive benefits and career progression.