£70 - £80 per day
3 months ago
Are you about to sign up for a teaching course and want to further your classroom-based experience?
Are you the type of person who wants to make a difference of the lives of children, within a secondary school environment?
About the Role.
Working at these schools will give you the opportunity to work full time, part-time or on a flexible Ad hoc basis as the schools often require cover in a variety of departments.Not only is this a great opportunity to work to a schedule that suits you but it's also the perfect way to gain experience in a secondary setting and/or take the next step towards becoming a secondary school teacher.
The role itself:
Working as a Cover Supervisor can be very rewarding but also very demanding. The main job of a Cover Supervisor is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set by an absent teacher.
What will your school day look like?
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Supervising the completion of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school’s standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
In order to be considered for this role:
- You will have previous experience of working with secondary age children
- You will have the confidence to control a class (often with no classroom assistants)
- You should have the ability to be flexible and work within a variety of subjects
- You should be able to assure that the class complete the work that is left by the class teacher
- You need to be open-minded and think on your feet
- Ideally you will have a Degree, Diploma or Level 3 Teaching Assistant
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years’ experience helping people plan their career paths, navigate the job market, and find their ideal role.
We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for, and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help. www.vetrorecruitment.co.uk
Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunity employer and decisions are made on merits alone.