£8.72 - £9.95 per hour, Benefits: 30 days leave, pension, weekly pay before moving to permanent, try before you buy
4 months ago
This job role is a temporary to permanent position to give you a chance to connect with the service users before committing to a permanent position.
- £8.72-£9.95 per hour
- Full-Time Permanent position - 37.5 hours per week (No sleep ins required)
- Immediate Interviews Available!
- ASAP starts available!
- Car Drivers Required
This is a role for a fun-loving applicant, as the residents all have a fantastic sense of humour!
The residents like to go out into the community using their mobility vehicles, the location of the home is also not on a bus route so unfortunately, all applicants must be car drivers.
This supported living unit is home to 3 bubbly adults who need assistance with their daily living due to having learning disabilities and mobility issues. They need assistance accessing the community, with daily independence skills, personal hygiene tasks and their mobility issues where required. Each resident is unique and has specific support plans to assist them with their individual needs, abilities, and interests.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for progression. The client is able to offer full training to suitable applicants along with an outstanding progression scheme along with multiple benefits.
These include but are not restricted to:
- Competitive salary
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days
- Pensions, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contributions
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- The opportunity of flexible working
- 10% enhancement for working overtime
- Paid training with financial bonuses for completion of awards and diplomas.
There is also the option for overtime should you wish for additional hours.
Hours are generally based on early shifts of 7-2.30 & late shifts of 2.30-10pm. Mid shifts may also be available where needed. You will have a two-week rolling rota so you are aware in advance of what shifts are required, and so you are able to organise your social commitments around this with no last-minute bookings!
The successful candidate will be:
- Patient, inspiring and caring
- Be flexible in your working approach to adapt to the needs of the individuals in your care;
- A strong team player, confident and motivated
- Be able to assist with meal preparation, daily living tasks, medication assistance and all aspects of personal, social and emotional care. (Training can be provided)
- Resilient, able to work proactively with challenging behaviour
- You will have a willing attitude and be able to work as part of a team to encourage and support the service users in your care.
- Problem-solving and the ability to think creativity
- Willing and able to provide personal care to individuals
- Individuals who value diversity, health, and safety and are committed to safe working practices
- A great sense of humour!
All successful applicants will be required to provide Right to work documentation & Reference details If you do not currently have a DBS that is registered on the update Service we can help you to gain one, these are at the cost of £47.50
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.