£17250 - £19500 per annum
02921 660 880
4 months ago
This family run organisation has multiple homes across the Midlands in addition to two Specialist Schools to support their Young People with Emotional and Behavioural Disorders. The service prides themselves on their therapeutic governance by applying the Schofield & Beek Model within their care.
The home is set in a beautiful semi rural area in spacious settings accessible to public transport links and the town centre.
The home also boasts a consistent CQC Rating of ‘GOOD’ since 2014 ✓
The Role of a Support Worker
Salary: Up to £19,500 p/annum plus £40 sleep in shift
Location: Shelton, Shrewsbury (SY3)
Company benefits including Perkbox, Pension scheme, ongoing support and training and long service awards
Due to the requirements of the role, a Full UK driving licence is essential
Responsibilities of a Support Worker
- To attend and contribute to your supervision sessions and appraisal processes.
- To participate in training programmes and individual training courses.
- Undertaking “sleep-in” duties in accordance with the home’s rota.
- Contributing to the creation and maintenance of effective communication systems within the home
- To maintain all records in accordance with company policy, regulations and statutory requirements
- To maintain and respect the requirement for absolute confidentiality in relation to the performance of all of your duties and the information that you obtain
- To work in a safe way, not putting your own or another member of staff’s health or safety at work at risk.
- Must hold a full U.K driving licence
- Minimum of one years Children’s Residential experience
- Hold an NVQ Level 3 in Children’s Residential Care or equivalent
- Willingness to work in a flexible way
- A Commitment to personal and staff development
- Ability to work as part of a team and write clear and accurate reports
- Ability to understand and work in partnership in the best interests of children
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to make and develop professional relationships with children, their families and a range of professional colleagues
To register your interest for this role, please apply with your CV via this ad.
Alternatively you can call Alex for a confidential chat on 029 21 660 880.
We have a fantastic referral scheme where you can earn up to £250 per referral. Please get in touch for more information.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.