£9 - £10.50 per hour, Benefits: Weekly pay, permanent opportunities, central Southampton
4 months ago
Are you looking for a full time contract in the Southampton area working with young people with additional needs & behaviours?
- Do you have experience and training working within Residential Childcare?
We are looking for an outstanding Support/ Senior Support Worker to work within a residential home for young people aged generally between 11-17 who have learning disabilities, challenging and sexualised behaviours. A male support worker would be preferred due to the sexualised behaviours.
Your contract will last 6-8 weeks initially and will be based on 40 hours per week. You may also be required for sleep in duties. Our client is also seeking permanent workers so if you enjoy your time within the home, and the client feels you are suitable then this is a definite option for you after. Shift patterns vary between 7am-10pm.
Whilst working on a temporary basis, we are able to offer £9.00-£10.50 per hour along with pension scheme, Weekly pay, 121 consultant, annual leave entitlement and more!
Due to the desire for this worker to start immediately, the ideal candidate will have:
- No notice period
- A portable online DBS
- A drivers license or live locally to Southampton
- 1 Year+ Experience within Residential Childcare
- NVQ / Diploma's in Residential childcare would be a bonus
- As long as you have the experience or similar experience- The above can be flexible: if you do not have a DBS but are willing to purchase one for example, we can provide these at £49 for you- currently being returned within a week on average.
- You will also need to be committed in assisting me with the urgent return of your compliance documents including 2 years worth of employment references.
To be considered for this role, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years’ combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.