£24790 - £25550 per annum
02921 660 880
2 months ago
Or are you already a Senior looking for a new opportunity to join an organisation that focuses on quality care and the very best outcomes for the young people they support?
I have an opportunity for a Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker to join a small children’s residential service in Radstock, Somerset, supporting young people between the ages of 10 – 16 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD).
** Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a Full UK Manual Drivers Licence **
Salary: £24,790 - £25,550 (sleep allowance included).
Location: Radstock, Somerset
Hours: Full time (2 on 4 off shift pattern, on a rolling rota)
Shift Pattern: 7.30am – 11pm sleep / 7am – 11pm sleep / 7am – 8am
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Support the manager and deputy by training and mentoring staff.
- Leading a shift and a staff team in a friendly and professional manner.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
We are looking for enthusiastic, resilient and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviorally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a residential setting is essential.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children & Young People or Children's Residential is essential.
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time.
- You must be over the age of 21.
- 28 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package.
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning.
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development.
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage.
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply" we look forward to hearing from you!