£70 - £90 per day
26 days ago
Are you passionate about a career in Secondary Education?
Are you the type of person who wants to make a difference in the lives of children within a secondary school environment?
About the Role.
As part of a catch-up program we now require secondary cover supervisors to assist students of lower-level ability and special education needs and disabilities. As a cover supervisor, you will be leading a class of around 10-20 students with work set in a number of subjects. You will need to have the ability to differentiate the lessons for individuals who require additional support and ensure students stay on task.
What will your school day look like?
- Supervising the completion of the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school’s standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
In order to be considered for this role:
- You will have previous experience of working with secondary age children in a classroom-based setting
- You will have the confidence to control a class (often with no classroom assistants)
- You should have the ability to be flexible and work within a variety of subjects to include English and Maths
- You should be able to assure that the class complete the work that is left by the class teacher
- You need to be open-minded and think on your feet
- You should also have experience working with children who have dyslexia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia, SEMH, ASD, Anxiety disorders
Don't delay - Hit apply and get started today!
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years of experience helping people plan their career paths, navigate the job market, and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for, and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary Job we’re here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency
when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.