£24790 - £255550 per annum
02921 660 880
3 months ago
Menna Del Williams
Or are you already a senior looking for a new opportunity to join an organisation that focuses on quality care and the very best outcomes for the young people they support?
***Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 8th September***
I have an opportunity for a Children’s Residential Support Worker, or Senior Support Worker to join a small children’s residential service in Hereford supporting young people between the ages of 10 – 16 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD).
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car**
Salary: £24,790 - £25,550 (sleep allowance included)
Hours: Full time (2 on 4 off shift pattern, on a rolling rota)
Shift pattern: 7.30am – 11pm sleep 7am – 11pm sleep 7am – 8am
As a Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Support the manager and deputy by training and mentoring staff
- Leading a shift and a staff team in a friendly and professional manner
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a residential setting is essential
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 21
- 28 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage