£18920 - £20730 per annum
02921 660 880
4 months ago
Menna Del Williams
Are you currently working with Children or Young people and seeking a new opportunity with amazing career development?
I am currently recruiting for a fantastic opportunity to join a new team as a Residential Support Worker at a home which supports young people aged 13- 17 with EBD. Unlike other opportunities working with young people, whilst a driving licence is desirable, it isn't essential for this site.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
Salary: £18,920 - £20,730 (sleep allowance included)
Location: HR1, Hereford
Contract: Full time, permanent, shifts on a rotational basis that includes some weekends and bank holidays
As a Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for;
- Be the young person’s champion and as part of the wider team strive to ensure that they achieve their aspirations and full potential
- Manage the well-being and behaviour of young people ensuring behaviour are addressed promptly and sensitively
- Support young people in daily activities including family contact, attending local clubs, 1:1 activities in the community, promoting independence and social behaviour
- You will be assigned a key child and play a pivotal role in their day to day life including attending reviews and liaising with external agencies and advocating their needs
- Support and encourage educational engagement and attainment including homework and behavioural support within the education setting
- Working as a team you will ensure the home is kept to a good standard in all aspects of house-keeping.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable - but more important is a caring nature and a genuine interest in wanting to make a difference.
- You must be over the age of 21
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable but not required as you will be supported to obtain this qualification once in post.
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply" we look forward to hearing from you!