£8.72 - £8.89 per hour
02921 660 880
15 days ago
Menna Del Williams
DO YOU ENJOY BEING OUT IN THE COMMUNITY?
We have a fantastic opportunity for experienced female* Support Workers to join a peripatetic team that covers Pontypool, Blaenavon, Newport and Cwmbran. *This role is exempt under the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1. – open to female applicants only due to the intimate nature of the care that is needed.
You will provide cover to the organisation's services within this geographical area, covering permanent staff who are out of the business on training, annual leave, or sickness. As well as supporting some individuals within the community; whether that be to go shopping, in their own homes promoting independent living skills or accessing activities in the community.
This is a role that will suit a confident, caring and outgoing individual. You will be lone working on occasion, so you will need to be comfortable with that. Due to the nature of the role - we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car.
Salary: Hourly rate is £8.72 - £8.89
Sleep allowance (£62) and overtime pay is paid in addition
Contract: Permanent contract; 25 hours per week
Shifts: Shifts are worked over 7 days a week, including weekends and bank holidays. The rota is usually booked 4 weeks in advance so you always know where you are!
You will be joining a team that's in place to make people's lives better every day. You will provide;
- Personal care and support with getting out and about
- Promoting independence and decision making
- Promoting social inclusion and positive engagement in the community.
We are looking for individuals who ideally have;
- A background of supporting vulnerable people
- A positive outlook and enthusiasm for activities
- Openness to take part in ongoing training for personal development
- MUST be over 18 and have a full licence and car.
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible shift patterns
- Working as part of a supportive team
- Healthcare Scheme
- Fully paid training and assistance to achieve QCF qualifications
To be considered for this role, please click "Apply". One of the team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.