£63.52 - £70 per day
6 days ago
The service primarily works with children and young adults from the ages of 11 - 18. They engage with children who are being educated outside of a mainstream school setting. The goal is to achieve improvement in behaviour and attitude to re-integrate the children back in to local Comprehensive School.
The role includes;
- Providing pastoral support to pupils.
- Supervising pupils referred to the Service who are not working to a mainstream timetable.
- Attend to pupils’ personal needs and provide advice in their social, health and hygiene development.
- Participate in the assessment of pupils to determine learning needs.
- Assist service with the implementation of Individual Development Plan and Pastoral Support Plans.
- Establish working relationships with pupils, acting as a positive role model.
- Develop mentoring arrangements providing support for referred pupils.
- Provide information and advice to enable pupils to make choices about their own learning, behaviour and attendance.
- Challenging and motivating pupils to reinforce self-esteem.
Minimum of 3 months experience of working with children
Fully enhanced DBS (on the Update service) - ability to obtain a new one
References covering the last two years (no gaps)
EWC registration (School support worker)
Right to work in the UK
While working with Vetro Education you can expect the following:
Fantastic rates of pay - One of the highest paying agencies in South Wales
One of South Wales' leading SEND providers
No payroll fees
Dedicated, education led, consultants who listen to the needs of each individual
Regular, specific and local work
Hit apply to get your application started.
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help. www.vetrorecruitment.co.uk Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.