£18572 - £19691 per annum
02921 660 880
5 days ago
Salary: £18,572 - £19,691 per year.
Hours: Full-Time and permanent. 37.5hrs per week. Working on a varied shift pattern between 7am-6pm, 1 in 3 weekends.
About the Organisation:
This Residential School supports young people aged 8-19 who can no longer live at home because of their exceptional support needs.
You will be working within a 180-strong team to provide care and support for 52 weeks of the year to up to 30 students with complex learning disabilities. Due to the nature of the disabilities, the young people may also have additional needs such as severe autism, epilepsy, self-injury, aggression and general disruptive behaviours.
- Ensuring the safety of the children and adhering to school’s policies, procedures and the children’s guidelines.
- Assisting and supporting the Catering Manager, placing food orders and menu planning.
- Cooking and serving daily meals for the children and staff.
- To monitor the children’s diets and follow their guidelines at all times.
- Ensuring the kitchen is safe and hygienic and that the Health & Safety and Food Hygiene Regulations are complied with.
- Attend mandatory training courses and other recommended training for career development.
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with the children, parents, work colleagues and external professional.
- Level 1 Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking.
- Level 2 Certificate in Food Safety in Catering / Food Hygiene.
- Level 2 Certificate in Kitchen Catering.
- Level 2 Certificate in Health and Safety.
- Experience of working with a team of catering staff.
- Previous experience in working with young people with autism and complex needs or with challenging behaviours is an advantage.
- Must be dedicated, resilient, passionate and empathetic.
- Bonus scheme.
- Free Staff meals on shift.
- On-site parking.
- Generous referral scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Discounted gym membership.
** All applicants must have a right to work in the UK and willing to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. **
Due to the current situation, Skype interviews are being held as opposed to meeting face-to-face, so we do require that you have a smartphone or computer - or access to one.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, click apply! Or refer a friend for up to £250!!