Bury St Edmunds
£23068 - £23086 per annum
02921 660 880
9 days ago
As a Support Worker, you will be key in helping young adults with complex needs. You will be working in an environment where the little things that you do every day could have life-changing results. Your ambition for the young adults you support will help them take steps to fulfil their potential.
- Permanent full time position
- Work in partnership with our Registered Manager and Senior Team to safeguard our tenants at all times.
- Lead by example and contribute to the personal development of our tenants, promoting and supporting healthy lifestyle choices alongside varied and appropriate activities.
- Lead by example and contribute positively in a wide range of innovative and exciting recreational events within the home and wider community.
- This will involve regular outings and trips and on occasion, extended visits and holidays.
- Support our tenants with all aspects of personal care.
- Communicate with our tenants in a method appropriate to them. For example, Makaton
- Take pride in the provision and working alongside your team to maintain a safe, clean, fun and homely environment for our tenants.
- Maintain accurate, clear and concise record keeping.
- Proactively contribute to care planning and take ownership for keeping your own knowledge up to date by regularly reviewing all relevant documentation and training materials.
- Attend and contribute positively to regular staff meetings and hand-over meetings, ensuring all relevant information is shared appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Participate in regular supervisions to aid personal development and ensure good practice in all areas.
- Passion for care with particular emphasis on adult services
- Ideally have demonstrable experience providing care and support to individuals with severe learning difficulties, challenging behaviour and autistic spectrum disorder
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to include computer literacy
- Overtime available
- Extensive training packages with time rostered out of your work rota to attend.
- Fully expensed off-site activities and trips to attend alongside our young people.
- Genuine career development opportunities for those who want them.
- A beautiful home and grounds to work within.
- Full funded DBS checks
Alternatively you can call Alex for a confidential chat on 029 21 660 880.
We have a fantastic referral scheme where you can earn up to £250 per referral. Please get in touch for more information.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone. APPLY BUTTON