£9.75 - £10.75 per hour, Benefits: Progression, Competitive Pay, Full Time Hours
28 days ago
Are you looking for an exciting new full time role with unlimited progression opportunities?
We are looking for committed candidates with a caring nature to support young people with emotional and challenging behaviours within the Pulborough area of West Sussex.
Due to the needs of the young people, residential Childcare experience is mandatory for this role.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with bundles of energy and a creative personality to organise fun activities for young people to do!
You will be supporting up to 6 young people (generally aged between 11-17) who have additional behaviours.
Pay scales range from £9.75 per hour to £10.75 per hour depending on experience & qualifications. Additional Sleep in allowances are paid on top.
- This is a full-time role, shift times will vary between 7am-10pm across Monday- Sunday.
- You may also be required for sleep in duties (with an additional competitive sleep in allowance of £60+ per sleep)
What you will do as a Support Worker:
- Planning and support with getting out and about - holidays, social events, sporting activities, getting into education or work
- Promoting independence and decision making
- Promoting social inclusion and positive engagement in the community.
- Encouraging individuals to access a range of opportunities and experiences.
- Supporting individuals to keep in contact with family and friends, and to participate in social and community activities.
- Writing up of daily diaries and care plans
- Managing and supporting with behaviours
In return you will be rewarded with:
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
- Progressive pay scale
- Access to benefits including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail establishments
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme.
- Refer to a Friend scheme – recommend a friend and you’ll earn up to £500!
- Enhanced DBS Check paid for by the company
Full training and induction are provided for this role.
If you want to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable young people this could be the perfect role for you! Please click 'apply now' and one of the Vetro Recruitment Team will be in touch!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years’ combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.