£9 - £9.30 per hour, Benefits: Holiday, Pension, Pay increase, Training opportunities, NVQ
28 days ago
- Job Role: Waking Night Support Worker
- Job Type: Full time - 3 nights per week (overtime available)
- Salary: Starting from £9.00 hourly - £9.30 after training is complete
- Location - Bishops Waltham - Southampton - Car drivers Preferred
We are seeking a committed Waking Night Support Worker to contribute and participate in providing quality care and life experiences to adults with additional needs.
To help provide a therapeutic, structured and relaxed environment in which service users can develop and enjoy their lives.
You will be working within a service with 4 residents who reside in their own flats within one service. You will be supporting these 4 residents with their additional learning needs.
Your role will include assisting with nightly routines, organising activities outside of the home, supporting and completing personal hygiene duties where required along with:
- Identifying the service user’s emotional, physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs
- Delivering a clearly defined programme of care for each service user within the home and ensure that service user files are recorded and maintained accurately.
- Liaising with relatives, other staff and other professionals in conjunction with the Home Manager.
- Ensuring that the agreed psychological guidelines for each service user are followed
- Working with all staff in providing an effective 24-hour service and to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility to ensure all shifts are covered with the required staffing levels.
- Contributing to the preparation of reports and participating in service users’ reviews as required.
- Supervising and sharing mealtimes with service users, to encourage a positive attitude towards food and appropriate behaviour at mealtimes.
- Assisting in the delivery of day care opportunities following individual activity programmes in conjunction with, and following guidance from, day care staff.
- Using initiative to create and organise appropriate leisure opportunities for service users.
- To accompany and organise transport when required, for service users to attend activities outside the home.
If you are looking for a new job role where no shift is the same, activities and responsibilities are varied and staff support is offered and all times then this may be the role for you.
We are looking for Female Support staff to start ASAP, ideally you will be a car driver with previous experience. If this role is of interest, please apply now!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years’ combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we’re here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.