£63.52 - £70 per day
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
£60 - £65 per day
Are you a passionate teaching assistant looking for work in Cardiff?
Would you like a job that gives you variety, flexibility and fulfillment?
Could you make a real difference for the children you work with?
Working in primary schools can be extremely rewarding, especially when you are working with the right team. Several primary schools based in the Cardiff area are looking for highly motivated, flexible and committed teaching assistants to join their teams on long and short term 1:1 assignments.
Our schools are all very welcoming places to work and one of our teaching assistants recently said;
“Working for Vetro has given me the flexibility I need to work around my family life. I enjoy going to work and the staff in the office are always so helpful and friendly. The schools are lovely and I feel like I am making a difference.”
During your time at the school some of your duties will be:
- Supporting and supervising educational games, sports and craft activities
- Helping children with their reading
- Preparing the classroom for a lesson
- Working with pupils in small groups/and or working 1:1 with children with additional needs
- Putting together displays of children’s work
- Helping out on school trips
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- supervising group activities
Minimum requirements to be considered for the role:
- At least 3 months experience of working with children in schools, nurseries or similar
- A strong passion to enhance the development of pupils
- An approachable and positive attitude
- Hold relevant qualifications
- Be registered with the EWC
- Hold a current DBS on the update service or willing to take one out
- You are valued as a person and a member of the team, not just a number!
- Excellent Rates of pay
- NO PAYROLL FEES
- Dedicated Recruitment Consultant
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- Love2Shop vouchers for anyone you recommend
At Vetro Education we have over 100 years’ combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we’re here to help.
Vetro Education acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when
introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.