£18434 - £19793 per annum, Benefits: + approx £6,000 on top for sleeps + overtime available!
02921 660 880
20 days ago
Are you looking for a new opportunity to join an organisation that focuses on quality care and the very best outcomes for the young people they support?
I have an opportunity for a Qualified Children’s Residential Support Worker, to join a very settled 3-bed children’s residential service in Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff supporting young people between the ages of 10 – 16 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD).
**Please note only candidates with the NVQ or QCF level 3 Children & Young People qualification will be considered for the role - no other qualifications will be accepted***
Salary: £18,434 - £19,793 plus approx £6,000 sleep-in allowance pa (£62.64) per sleep-in
Location: Aberdare, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales
Hours: Full time
Shift pattern: 7.30am – 11pm sleep 7am – 11pm sleep 7am – 8am
As a Qualified Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- Support the senior staff by mentoring staff
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a residential setting is ESSENTIAL
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is ESSENTIAL
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 21
- 28 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply".One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.