£23640 - £25445 per annum
02921 660 880
3 months ago
Menna Del Williams
Have you always wanted to work with Children or Young People but never had the chance?
Or are you a Children's Residential Support Worker looking for a new challenge?
Vetro Recruitment is currently recruiting for a male children’s residential support worker to work in a small residential service for young people aged 13 - 18 with EBD.
We are looking for confident, enthusiastic and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
Whilst previous experience within this type of setting is desirable, if you can demonstrate a real passion for wanting to make a difference to the lives of young people, we would love to hear from you!
Salary: £23,640 - £25,445 (sleep allowance included)
Location: North Bristol
Hours: Full time contract - 2 x 24 hour shifts per week - shift pattern TBC
**Due to the nature of the work, we are only able to consider applicants who have a driving licence and access to a car**
(Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010)
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people to school and activities
- You must be over the age of 21
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable
- 28 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.