£40000 per annum
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
Are you an experienced Ward Manager seeking a new challenge?
Do you have at least 2 years of experience in a supervisory role and are now looking for that step into management?
We currently have an opportunity for a Ward Manager to join one of the UK’s leading centres for individuals with mental health difficulties, to manage their Eating Disorder Unit.
The purpose of the role is to provide clinical management and leadership to the ward team, acting as a role model and mentor and overseeing/maintaining the highest standards of care whilst taking overall responsibility for the ward environment and its resources.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Full management of the ward, its resources, staffing levels, rota management and annual leave
- Ensure clinical supervision, appraisal, CPD and mandatory training is provided and completed
- Implement and monitor compliance
- Act as a role model, mentor and leader creating a culture of learning, development, professionalism and praise
- Ensure the effective running of the ward, cleanliness, nutrition of patients
- Ensure patients psychological, physical and healthcare needs are met
- Undertake/complete clinical investigations ensuring any complaints are deal with promptly
- Adhering to legislation frameworks
- Take responsibility for medicine management and liaise with pharmacists
- Deputise for the Director of Clinical Services as required
The hospital are keen to meet with registered practitioners with experience of working in a supervisory capacity and who meet the following requirements:
- Have a first level nurse registration with the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) or Health Care Professions Council
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity within a relevant care setting
- Willingness to complete further clinical, managerial and leadership training
- Have a clear and positive communication style and the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Have previous experience within a mental health service
- Experience of clinical audit
The post-holder will be based on the ward and will be required to work a mix of supernumerary time and time engaged in clinical activities to meet the requirements of the ward.
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours per week with a salary of up to 40k per annum with a welcome bonus of 5k.