£12.50 - £12.75 per hour, Benefits: pension, training, induction,
3 months ago
- Are you an experienced Senior Support Worker looking for the next step in your career?
- Are you an experienced Deputy Manager looking for a new challenge?
- Do you have heaps of energy to offer a fun filled home for children and young people with additional learning needs?
I have a full time- permanent job working within an ‘outstanding’ rated residential children’s home in Southampton!
As Deputy Manager you will Support the Children & young people within your care, as well as supporting the staffing and management team. You will ideally have a level 3 Qualification in Children and Young people/ Health and Social Care (Or equivalent)
Pay scales range from £12.50 per hour to £12.75 per hour depending on experience & qualifications. Sleep in payments are paid as additional taking your overall pay scale to between £31,360- £31,870
You will be supporting children and young people (generally aged between 11-17) who have physical and learning disabilities. This will include supporting them with all aspects of their routines.
This is a full time role based on 39 hours per week and requires you to be flexible with sleep in duties with the need to complete up to 2 per week.
What you will do as a Deputy Manager:
- Planning and support with getting out and about - holidays, social events, sporting activities, getting into education or work
- Promoting independence and decision making
- Promoting social inclusion and positive engagement in the community.
- Encouraging individuals to access a range of opportunities and experiences.
- Supporting individuals to keep in contact with family and friends, and to participate in social and community activities.
- Support the existing staff team to ensure positive outcomes for the children they support
- Work with the Manager to continuously develop the home to achieve and maintain Outstanding with OFSTED
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with social workers, teaching staff and other professionals from associated agencies engaged in childcare
Minus an outstanding amount of job satisfaction, you will also be offered the following benefits:
- Entitlement to 28 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Enrolment onto vocational qualification courses.
- Progressive pay scale
- Access to benefits including discounts at cinemas, restaurants and retail establishments
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme.
- Refer to a Friend scheme – recommend a friend and you’ll earn up to £500!
- Enhanced DBS Check paid for by the company
To be considered for this role, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail!
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years’ combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.