£9 - £9.30 per hour, Benefits: Pension scheme, over time, additional training
about 1 month ago
- Location: Denmead- Portsmouth
- Service: Adult Services - Supported Living home
- Job Role: Senior Support Care Worker
- Job Type: Full time
- Salary: £10- £12.00
- Progression: Consideration for Deputy Manager/ Manager after probation
- To contribute and participate in providing quality care and life experiences
- To help provide a therapeutic structured and relaxed environment in which service users can develop and enjoy their lives.
- To assist in the overall daily management of the home by taking responsibility for coordinating activities during a shift as required.
- To support and advise new and less experienced staff in the implementation of procedures and service user guidelines.
- To facilitate good communication within all levels of the staff team.
- To ensure that medication is administered in line with both Company Policy and CQC guidelines.
- To oversee and organise the daily recording of information relating to service users.
- To participate in life planning for particular service users to include Identifying the service user’s emotional, physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs and make appropriate decisions for action in consultation with the Management Team.
- Delivering a clearly defined programme of care for each service user within the home and ensuring that service user files are recorded and maintained accurately
- Liaising with relatives, other staff and other professionals
- To ensure that the agreed psychology guidelines for each service user are followed
- To work with all staff in providing an effective 24-hour service and to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility to ensure all shifts are covered with the required staffing levels.
- To assist in maintaining a good standard of hygiene and tidiness within the home and, when required, to check all equipment including emergency and fire equipment and report any defects.
- To ensure accurate recordings and reporting of all accidents and incidents that may occur involving service users and/or staff and to record relevant information in the appropriate place.
- To prepare reports and participate in service user’s reviews as required.
- To supervise and share meal times with service users, to encourage a positive attitude towards food and appropriate behaviour at mealtimes.
- To assist in the delivery of day care and leisure opportunities following individual activity programmes in conjunction with, and following guidance from day service staff.
You will be required to become proficient in behavioural management techniques including physical intervention. Team Teach training is provided to equip you with these skills
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years’ combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.