£23697 - £25238 per annum
02921 660 880
17 days ago
Menna Del Williams
Are you motivated, resilient and determined?
If YES we want to hear from you!
I am currently recruiting for an experienced children’s residential support worker to work within a small children’s residential service in Hereford supporting young people aged 11 - 18 with EBD.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
You will be supported to gain vocational qualifications which will help to ensure you can carry out your work to the very highest standard, provide unmatched levels of care, as well enhancing your pay and career progression.
Salary: £23,697 - £25,238 (sleep in allowance included)
Hours: Full time
Shift pattern: 2 on, 4 off
7.30am – 11pm sleep 7am – 11pm sleep 7am – 8am
** Due to the responsibilities involved in the role we are only able to consider applicants who have a driving licence and access to a car **
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable
- Experience of working with young people is essential
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 21
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable
- 28 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled virtual e-training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail.