£24306 - £27534 per annum
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
Menna Del Williams
Are you passionate about making a difference?
If YES we want to hear from you!
We have a great opportunity to join a team in Coleford as a Senior Support Worker that supports 4 young adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism. As a Senior Support Worker, you will be a role model to the staff by demonstrating excellent support, as well as working as part of the management team. The Senior Support Worker role offers the opportunity for career progression to someone keen to develop their knowledge and skills.
Our client prides themselves on their person centred approach to enable the service users to take control of their lives. As such we are looking for a Support Worker who can empower the people they support to make their own choices about how they live their lives.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
Salary: £24,306 - £27,534 (sleep shifts included)
1-2 sleep shifts per week
Permanent Contract: Full time hours - 37.5 per week
Location: Coleford, GL16
**Due to the duties involved in the role, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and access to a car**
- Provide the highest standard of care
- Promote health, safety and wellbeing
- Line manage employees, volunteers and relief staff
- Observe and feedback on support work practice
- Monitor service compliance
- Support the staff induction process
- Carry out on-call duties
- NVQ level 2 qualified (and happy to study towards level 3)
- Experience of overseeing other staff eg: through supervisions
- Previous experience as a Support Worker – ideally with adults but will consider experience with children.
- Some experience of challenging behaviour
- Must be flexible to work any day.
- Flexibility to do on-call duties and 1 or max 2 sleep ins per week.
- Confidence working with figures and a range of IT systems
If this role is of interest to you - please click APPLY and one of the team will be in touch with you to discuss in more detail.