£23640 - £25445 per annum
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
Menna Del Williams
Or are you a Children's Residential Support Worker looking for a new challenge?
Vetro Recruitment is currently recruiting for a children’s residential support worker to work in a small children’s residential service in Hereford supporting young people between the ages of 10 – 16 with EBD.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals who want to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
Salary: £23,640 - £25,445 (sleep allowance included)
Hours: Full time (2 on 4 off shift pattern, on a rolling rota)
Shift pattern: 7.30am – 11pm sleep 7am – 11pm sleep 7am – 8am
** Due to the nature of the work and the duties included, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence, access to a car and are over 21 **
As a Children’s Residential Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable
- You must be a driver as you will be required to transport the young people from time to time
- You must be over the age of 21
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable
- 28 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
If this position sounds of interest, please click APPLY. One of the team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail