£25725 - £26755 per annum
02921 660 880
15 days ago
Menna Del Williams
Do you want to work for an organisation that is really supportive of their staff?
I am currently recruiting for a Shift Leader in a relaxed and settled EBD home in Gloucester that cares for 4 children.
As a shift leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Registered Manager to manage an efficient team by undertaking supervisory responsibilities and taking the lead in the day-to-day running of the home.
The successful candidate will have NVQ Level 3 in children and young people or residential childcare and ideally some experience of supporting others in the workplace.
Salary: £25,725 - £26,755 (sleep included)
Location: Gloucester, GL2
Permanent, full time - 37.5 hours per week
As a Shift Leader you will be responsible for;
- Deputising for the Registered Manager in their absence
- Maintaining a safe living and working environment for everyone, ensuring all health and safety procedures are adhered to
- Building positive relationships with children and young people and their families, to encourage self esteem, self worth and confidence.
- Working in an open and transparent manner; playing an active role in developing a safe, stimulating, enjoyable and creative environment that encourages young people to grow and develop to their full potential.
- Providing new experiences and opportunities for young people to expand their knowledge of the wider environment
- Undertaking the role of key worker to a young person; which includes update all key child’s paperwork such as service plans / risk assessments / behaviour management guidance / health plans / pathway plans and complete keyworking summaries on a monthly basis
- Promoting and supporting young people with social skills and building positive relationships and friendships, and participate in activities, both at school, in the local community and within the home.
- Both with colleagues and young people, actively promoting an anti-discriminatory environment and consistently offering constructive challenges to discriminatory or prejudicial language and behaviour as appropriate.
Requirements / Additional information;
- Due to the nature of the work, we are only able to consider candidates with a full drivers licence
- This role will include sleep-ins and weekend and Bank Holiday work as part of your rota. From time to time this may include night waking duties
- The successful candidate should hold NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care - Children and Young People or similar. Depending on the level of experience, we may accept candidates who are working towards these qualifications.