£20800 - £22560 per annum
02921 660 880
about 2 months ago
Menna Del Williams
Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of children?
If yes, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for resilient, energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join a well established team that provides support to children and young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
Whilst previous experience of working with children or young people is preferable, we can consider applicants who have a caring nature and a real passion for wanting to make a positive impact on the lives of young people.
As a Young Persons Support Worker, you will be responsible for enabling the young people to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. No two days are ever the same, so you need to be happy to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
**Due to the duties involved in the role, we are only able to consider applicants with a full drivers licence**
Salary: £20,800 - £22,560 (inc sleep allowance)
Contract: Full time, permanent
As a Young Persons Support worker you will be responsible for;
- Building positive relationships with the young people and their families
- Maintaining a safe living environment
- Manage well-being and behaviour
- Encouraging participation in activities, school and the wider community
- Enabling the young people to develop their social skills, confidence and self esteem
- Undertaking the role of key worker for a young person
- Supporting the young people to become happy, well rounded individuals
- Full drivers licence and access to a car
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable - but more important is a genuine interest in wanting to make a difference.
- You must be over the age of 21
- Flexibility across 7 days a week as shifts will be worked on a rotational basis and will involve working some weekends and bank holidays
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply" and one of the team will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail - we look forward to hearing from you!