£63.52 - £67 per day
about 1 month ago
As an additional needs teaching assistant you will be required to support students with a wide range of learning needs including severe, profound, and complex learning difficulties, multi-sensory impairments, epilepsy, and an autistic spectrum disorder. Applicants would need to be proactive in supporting both the teacher and children in their everyday lessons and extra-curricular activities and be compassionate, caring, and empathetic in the approach to the care of the young people within the school.
Salary and Hours
Daily pay rate - £63.52- £67 depending on experience and qualifications
Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm, an opportunity of temp to perm for the right candidate.
- To support the class teacher
- Ensure the individual's additional needs are met
- Promote therapeutic relationships between staff, young people, and the community
- Assist with personal care and manual handling
- Manage challenging behaviors
- Experience in special educational needs.
- Teaching Assistant level 1 or above would be ideal but not essential
- Manual handling certificate (still in date)
- Familiar with medication administering ( full training provided)
- DBS on the update service or willing to apply for a new DBS
- Registered with EWC or willing to register
- Rights to work in the UK - Passport or full birth certificate
Hit "apply" today to get your job application underway
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years of experience helping people plan their career paths, navigate the job market, and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for, and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary Job we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.