£20000 - £30000 per annum
02921 660 880
about 1 month ago
You would be supporting and educating young people aged 8-18 with emotional behavioural difficulties, complex Learning Difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and challenging behaviours.
Salary: £20K - £30K depending on experience.
Full Time, Permanent, Term Time only (52 weeks of the year).
Hours: 40hrs a week.
About the School:
Aligning academic ability to pastoral and therapeutic outcomes is central to their work - inspiring students and staff to maximise interest, potential and personal achievement and facilitate success.
They follow a broad syllabus offering key skills, small classes and individual education programmes. Their creative and flexible learning programmes are regularly monitored and reviewed. Their students participate in a full educational assessment to develop their bespoke education plan and curriculum with a focus to provide ‘success through learning opportunities’.
About the Care Farm:
The Care Farm environment successfully re-engages children with their learning, shows their capabilities and importantly changes their relationship with their own learning from one of failure to one of success.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the management of student behaviour.
- To provide the highest quality of education, care and preparation for life for all students in the school.
- To assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies in curriculum areas and departments.
- To teach students according to their educational needs, including the setting and marking of work carried out by the student in the school and elsewhere in liaison with other teaching staff.
- To plan and prepare courses and lessons with oversight from teaching staff.
- Promote independent learning.
- Encouraging students to take responsibility for their own learning and promoting the development of self-esteem.
- Promote the social and emotional development of students.
- Contribute to the health and wellbeing of the students.
- Interact appropriately and professionally with teachers and other colleagues and parents/carers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Well organised and practical.
- Ability to diffuse conflict.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Calm under pressure.
- Able to form and maintain appropriate professional relationships and boundaries with children and parents.
- Able to organise and deliver classroom activities.
- Able to implement a range of Teaching and Learning strategies.
- Able to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner.
If you would like to find out more information about the role, please click “apply” or please give Cerys a call on 02921 660880.