£18500 - £22000 per annum, Benefits: + sleeps + pension + ongoing training + casual dress + subsidised food
02921 660 880
28 days ago
This is the opportunity you have been waiting for!!
Due to expansion, I am currently recruiting on behalf of my client for a number of full-time support workers to support young people with autism and complex needs aged between 16 – 25 in a totally unique and sustainable setting.
- Salary: £18,500 - £22,000 + sleeps paid at £78.48 per sleep!!
- Location: Stroud
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Shift Times: 8.30am – 4.30pm, 3.30pm – 10pm sleep 7.30am – 9am
- Interviews: To be held virtually
Founded over thirty years ago in the beautiful Horsley Valley, our client has since grown to encompass two historical wool mills, acres of hillside woodlands, a farm, where students grow and sell biodynamic livestock and produce. The setting’s craft curriculum stems from the cultural history of the area, with such sessions as weaving and felting, green woodwork, animal husbandry, and metalwork in the Iron Age Forge. With a number of residential services based in the community of Stroud, Nailsworth and Gloucester where the students live, you will be working across both the residential and education sites, giving you an exciting and varied job role on a day to day basis.
Responsibilities of the support worker role:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
- A passion for supporting young people with a holistic approach.
- You MUST be a driver as you may be required to travel between sites during shift
- You must be over the age of 18
- 33 days annual leave, company pension scheme plus a great benefits package
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face to face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.