£21000 - £28000 per annum
02921 660 880
24 days ago
I am currently recruiting for Residential Therapeutic Support Worker roles for a mall children's residential provider for Young People with Emotional and Behavioural Disorders based in Whitchurch, Shropshire. (SY13).
Current Oftsed rating is OUSTANDING ✓
Salary & Hours
Unqualified: £21,000 - £25,000
Qualified: £27,000 - £28,000
7am - 11pm with £40 p/sleep
2 shifts on 2 shifts off
- Assessing each resident's needs and progress.
- Creating a safe and positive living environment.
- Setting boundaries for young people's behaviour.
- Offering one-to-one counselling or leading group therapy sessions.
- Providing leisure and creative opportunities.
- Teaching daily living skills such as budgeting, shopping and claiming benefits.
- Helping residents to deal with problems and become independent.
- Keeping records and writing reports.
- Liaising with residents' families.
- Working with other health and care professionals
Previous experience in a Children's residential setting is essential in working with Young People with challenging behaviours.
Minimum age requirement od 22 due to the needs of the Young People
Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
NVQ Level 3 in Children & Young People is preferable but not essential
A non-judgemental attitude.
The ability to work in a team and also use your own initiative.
5.6 weeks annual leave
Sick pay after 3 months
Access to medical and dental care
Staff benefits including high street discounts
Fully funded training
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button. Alternatively you can call Alex for a confidential chat on 029 21 660 880.
We have a fantastic referral scheme where you can earn up to £250 per referral. Please get in touch for more information.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.