£26774 - £27122 per annum
02921 660 880
29 days ago
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Support Worker to join a supported living service that cares for adults with Autism, Learning Disabilities & Bheviours that challenge based in Beyton, Suffolk.
Reporting into the Registered Manager, the Senior Support Worker is responsible for advocating and providing person centred care and supporting our staff team to perform their wide range of duties appropriately and effectively, ensuring they can deliver the best possible care and support to our residents.
£26,774.06 - £27,122.58 Depending on experience and qualifications.
• Positively contribute to the personal development of our residents with both practical and emotional support.
• Lead by example, behave and communicate appropriately at all times.
• Design, implement, deliver and contribute in a wide range of innovative and exciting recreational events within the home and wider community. This will involve regular outings and trips and on occasion, extended visits and holidays.
• Using knowledge and experience, contribute positively to care planning and participate supportively in reviews as requested, demonstrating a sound knowledge regarding nutrition and hygiene.
• Maintain accurate, clear and concise record keeping.
• Take ownership for key-worker duties and where appropriate look to develop and strengthen links with families, friends and relevant significant others.
• Work in partnership with the Manager to ensure streamlined service delivery and consistent communication across the homes.
• Proactively participate in supporting the staff team to include carrying out supervisions as requested.
• Attend and contribute positively to regular staff meetings and hand-over meetings, ensuring all relevant information is disseminated appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Contribute positively to the training and development of the staff team to include own personal development / highlighting any training needs.
• Diploma Level 2 in Health & Social Care
• Experience of providing care and support to young adults, ideally young adults with disabilities, autism and complex needs
• Competent written and oral communication skills to include computer literacy
• Extensive training packages with time rostered out of your work rota to attend.
• Life Assurance
• Genuine career development opportunities
• Fully funded DBS checks
To register your interest for this role, please apply with your CV via this ad.
Alternatively you can call Alex for a confidential chat on 029 21 660 880.
We have a fantastic referral scheme where you can earn up to £250 per referral. Please get in touch for more information.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.