£23000 - £26000 per annum
02921 660 880
13 days ago
Menna Del Williams
If you are a Residential Support Worker looking for the next step in your career, or a Senior Support Worker looking for a change of direction, look no further!
Vetro Recruitment has a great opportunity for an experienced children’s residential support worker to work within a small children’s residential service in Merthyr, supporting young people aged 10-16 with EBD.
This is a very settled home with an experienced staff team. The successful candidate will have worked in a residential setting with young people previously and will also have the NVQ/QCF Level 3 qualification. Whilst the home is very settled, we are looking for people who really understand the challenges that these young people can face, who also have the expertise to support them in the best way possible.
Pay & Shifts
- £23,000 - £26,000 (inc sleep allowance)
- Full time, permanent contract
- Shift pattern: 24 / 48 hours
As a Senior Support Worker you will be responsible for;
- Taking a lead on a shift to supervise others and support more junior staff
- Supporting the management team with administrative tasks
- To encourage the young people to do activities
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individuals; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people's lives.
- NVQ/QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People (or equivalent)
- UK Drivers licence is essential due to the nature of the work and the requirements of role
- Previous experience of working with children in a residential setting
If you are interested, please click APPLY and we will contact you to discuss your application. We look forward to hearing from you!