£8.93 - £10.01 per hour
5 months ago
Are you a dedicated support worker looking for an immediate start? Shifts would be covering days and nights Monday to Sunday to meet the needs of the service.
This position is supporting adults aged 18-65 with learning disabilities and autism in residential and supported living services. This position would allow you to be flexible and chose your availability around your daily life.
- Pay £8.93- £10.01 per hour - Weekly Pay.
- ONGOING ADHOC COVER
- Location - Caldicot
- The client is one of the UK's leading providers of support services for people with diverse and often complex needs in supported living settings.
- The homes all support adults aged 18 to 64 that have Learning Disabilities, Autism and/or Mental Health issues.
As a Support Worker, you will be responsible for the following;
- Ensuring the safety of the service users and maintaining an up to date knowledge of each individual's care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication
- Assisting people who use the service to get involved in a range of new opportunities, experiences and activities.
- Creating and encouraging good relationships and communication with the people who use the service.
- Supporting with all aspects of personal care.
- Supporting taxing behaviours safely and sympathetically.
- Completing paperwork
- To support with personal care and daily living needs
- Minimum 6 Months paid experience as a Learning Disabilities Support Worker.
- Car driver preferable as some homes are in remote locations.
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour.
Mandatory training (We can facilitate if required):
- First Aid
- Moving and Handling
- First Aid
- Positive Behavioural Management or the equivalent.
- Epilepsy training
- 28 days Holiday (including bank holidays)
- Free Training
- Weekly pay
- Choose your shifts using Vetro's very own shift booking app
- £50 Love2Shop referral scheme
- Employee of the month scheme
- CV writing support and career advice
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- 24/7 support from our dedicated team of recruitment consultants
At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.